The disclaimer bits

This is my occasional journal of things I have been up to. My comments are my own and are in no way intended to reflect the views of any organisation I belong to or have associations with.

If you don't like what I say- tough luck, this is my blog and I will write what I want, not what you want me to.

All photographs are my own and are copyrighted by me. They may NOT be used in any form elsewhere. They may NOT be shared on facebook or any other social media site at any time, if you do I will hunt you down and force you to look at every picture I have ever taken with full director's commentary.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If it's Tuesday I must be in .... Berri

Day 7
Today was a tour of the Riverlands area and a look around the Barossa where Dave lives.
Dave doesn't live in his patch which is the river valley of the Murray. The Barossa is really GREEN at the moment but will dry out by November while the Riverlands gets less rainfall and is dry scrub and bush. Huge expanses of sky and outback- very impressive.
We headed through several places (it's starting to get a bit blurred by now) and visited a volunteer out at Swan Reach who runs a native wildlife rescue centre from his home- he was feeding a joey when we arrived and we had a quick tour and a look at some wombats with sarcoptic mange and some kangaroos awaiting release.
Then we headed in Swan Reach (don't blink) to Dave's office- this is 67.5 km from his home! off to Waikerie to get salad for tonight then out to Morgan to the volunteer training night ( roast chicken and salad all round). We did a debiref of the conference for the benfit of those that didn't go and Dave got me to give them a run down on St John in NZ. They were all really interested and their were lots of questions. After a few (!) technical hitches I was able to show them pictures of the old 780 truck and my video of the "earthquake".
Trish took over from Dave as host for the night to get me up to Berri.
Right now I'm on Berri station ("take a good book") waiting for a call out.

No comments:

Post a Comment