The disclaimer bits

This is my occasional journal of things I have been up to. My comments are my own and are in no way intended to reflect the views of any organisation I belong to or have associations with.

If you don't like what I say- tough luck, this is my blog and I will write what I want, not what you want me to.

All photographs are my own and are copyrighted by me. They may NOT be used in any form elsewhere. They may NOT be shared on facebook or any other social media site at any time, if you do I will hunt you down and force you to look at every picture I have ever taken with full director's commentary.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

be afraid- very afraid


Day- um forgotten!

So with all the running around I am totally confused as to what day of the week I am up to . Yesterday (tuesday ) I spent on Berri station. Pretty quiet, we did 3 jobs and they were just off to a 4th when I had to leave to get down to Swan Reach. Berri mostly ends up doing transfers, there are three small hospitals in fairly close towns but only the one at Berri can do Xrays, so I leave the workload to your imagination! We did one job out to the airstrip to meet the RFDS and hand over a patient. It's set up really well as they all have the SAME stretcher (Chch take note! also Life flight and all the other NZ flight providers) so we just wheeled the patient out and they loaded her on and we took their stretcher. The stretchers they use are a self loading Ferno which also adjusts itself to the correct height- anyone who's deciding on our NEXT stretcher configuration take note!

While waiting for a job Garry showed me how to cannulate and I spent a bit of time practising with their training kit. You are all advised to wear long sleeves and gloves when in my presence in the future!
(a picture for Caity of her mum- happy now?)

The evening training session was at Mannum and they were all surprised at us having two stretchers and at our manual handling techniques. We would appear to be about ten years behind them in terms of how we look after our backs! But we do win out on the dispatch system- they are looking to get AVL in maybe the next 18months and MDTs are a LONG way off on the horizon.

A long and late drive back to Tanunda with Dave not getting back until 11 ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment