The disclaimer bits

This is my occasional journal of things I have been up to. My comments are my own and are in no way intended to reflect the views of any organisation I belong to or have associations with.

If you don't like what I say- tough luck, this is my blog and I will write what I want, not what you want me to.

All photographs are my own and are copyrighted by me. They may NOT be used in any form elsewhere. They may NOT be shared on facebook or any other social media site at any time, if you do I will hunt you down and force you to look at every picture I have ever taken with full director's commentary.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

a day off- now what do I do?

Friday
Trish picked me from Dave's about midday and we headed out to Morgan for me to get a few day's R and R. A walk around the township and a natter on station and bed.

Saturday
Nice long lie in this morning followed by a paddle down the river for a wee way in a hired canoe and a look around the museum.
Morgan has a pop of about 400- in the winter and about 2500 in the summer! It's on the river so gets a lot of holiday traffic. there are houseboats all along the river and shacks on the banks. Historically it was a thriving town as it used to take a lot of river traffic and had 6 trains a day to meet tham and take the farm prouce to Adelaide. Now it doesn't even have a railway line any more!
I've come over the station for the night just in case we get a job- unlikely as that may be. Morgan usually does about 88 jobs a year- most in the summer- but have already done five this week- including two on one day so they have been busy. So sod's law states that tonight will not be my lucky night!
Tomorrow Trish will be picking me up again and taking me back to Adelaide for a last chance to catch up with my fellow exchangees and SAAS staff for dinner then the exchange is over and we go our separate ways.
I've got another week over here and have a road shift in Adelaide organised, and will head out to SOT again and am hoping to get to the SES HQ which I didn't get to see at the conference. I had a phone call yesterday morning inviting me out there to see some USAR training but couldn't take it up due to coming out to Morgan so fingers crossed for next week. Oh and I'm having some time out for myself as well.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment