The disclaimer bits

This is my occasional journal of things I have been up to. My comments are my own and are in no way intended to reflect the views of any organisation I belong to or have associations with.

If you don't like what I say- tough luck, this is my blog and I will write what I want, not what you want me to.

All photographs are my own and are copyrighted by me. They may NOT be used in any form elsewhere. They may NOT be shared on facebook or any other social media site at any time, if you do I will hunt you down and force you to look at every picture I have ever taken with full director's commentary.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

all over

Well the exchange has finished. After a last meal at the Woolshed ("don't take the Kiwis in there mate, we'll never find them again") we all parted company on Sunday morning.
I got a bit caught out by it being Sunday but managed to hire a car at the airport (not quite sure how I'm going to pay the credit card when I get back- no reasonable job offers refused.)
So now I can't even remember what I've been up to since- senile dementia setting in fast!
Oh yeh- that's right- we finished Sunday night with the meal so Monday I had a look at the Royal Adelaide show, had a quick trip to the EOC to catch up with some more info I wanted and headed east with the intention of going out to Swan Reach. But then the guy from the State Emergency Service who I've been trying to catch up with all week rung and fixed up a site meeting for Tues 12.30.
After a stay at a rather underwhelming "chalet" I headed back into Adelaide and hung around until 11.45 when after texting my contact he rang back to say some idiot has got lost out on the west coast so he's busy and the visit is off- insert swear word of your choice here as this was a place I really wanted to get to.
Hey ho, off to Swan Reach where I met the team out here on their training night and have manged to look suitably lost and lonely so am sleeping on the put me up bed for the night- out by 9 when the room is hired out. So finishing off to get the bed made up.
Not sure if I will be able to get internet again before I leave but keep watching this space.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment